Friday, October 16, 2009

Quilt Stories - Another of Grandma's Vintage/Antique Quilts



This quilt belongs to my daughter and was made by her Great Grandma. I really don't know how old it is, but it is very old. I've been told that to be considered an antique, an item must be over 100 years old, so it might not qualify as an antique.

This is a pattern that I would like to duplicate in a future quilt!

The backing fabric was made from a salt bag, not feed sacks. You can see the "Morton Salt" imprint in this picture, if you look really closely. Its kind of faded.



This is a picture of my Grandma holding my newborn daughter, who now owns this quilt.

5 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Isn't that beautiful? And Grandma looks so sweet with your baby girl. She's lucky to have such an heirloom! IMHO, "heirloom" means much, much more than "antique"!

Alexandra said...

This is so heart warming! Thanks for sharing this very special quilt. :)

Betsy said...

I love it. I haave been wanting to make a flying geese quilt for a long time

Little Penpen said...

Gorgeous and how sweet to own such a treasure. I've never seen a morton salt bag fabric before. My grandma made one that had feedsack fabric with a cow head on it.

Lori Harris said...

Aren't I CUTE?? ;)