Friday, March 18, 2016

Skye's Scrap Quilt

This is Skye's Scrap Quilt.  Skye is scheduled to make her arrival on April 5th.  I previously made her the Sunbonnet Sue Quilt shown HERE, but wanted to make her a pink and white scrap quilt.  Scrappy quilts are my favorite!

 I've been enjoying making log cabin quilts because they put my 2 1/2 inch wide strips to good use. 


These colors look kind of purple, but they are all pink and white.


I did loopy meander free motion quilting on this one.  I thought it would give it a little bit of a feminine look.


I'm linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom's Quilts.

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Skye is a lucky girl!! two quilts!!! so pretty!

Gina Loomis said...

It's gorgeous! Love it! The quilting looks fantastic!

Curly said...

Love the pink! Log cabins are always a great block. Great job!

Judy @ Sew Some Sunshine said...

So sweet, love the setting you choose for this!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!! The log cabins are great and your scrappy color way is perfect!