Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Walt's Scrap Quilt

I didn't technically finish this quilt until the label was done this morning, so I am going to call it my first finish of 2013.


I received an embroidery machine for Christmas from my hubbby and am just beginning to learn how to use it.  The fact that the baby's name is a short one was very helpful!  I will enjoy making quilt labels and embroidering other items with the new machine.

Walt's Scrap Quilt

I love how it turned out.  There are lots of shades of blue in the quilt, but no cutesy characters at all.  Only solids, checks, dots, plaids, stripes, etc. 



The only theme that the quilt has is stars and sky, so the tiny airplane seemed to fit.


I am enjoying quilting in 2013 so far........

6 comments:

Granny said...

The backing is perfect for the blues used in the quilt and the label with the little plane is perfect.

What a nice gift. I'm sure you'll get lots of use from the embroidery machine.

Auntie M said...

HOW PERFECTLY BEAUTIFUL! YOU ARE TALENTED AND CLEVER.

HUBBY MADE A WONDERFULLY GREAT CHOICE!

Impera Magna said...

Walt's quilt is lovely and will grow with him since it's not at all babyish! How fun that you received an embroidery machine for Christmas... you'll be doing all sorts of fun stuff with it!

Congratulations on your first finish of 2013! Happy new year!

Little Penpen said...

Pretty quilt and your embroidery looks great! I know of one other person who got an embroidery machine. I will be watching closely.....lol I do NOT need another machine. :))

Michelle said...

That label is so cute! I love personalized quilts.

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful quilt, I love blue and white and you know I think you have the best FMQ meander around. Happy New Year..