Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July Sewing and a Quilt Finish!

I made this "Jungle Babies Two" quilt top during June's Friday Night Sew In. This weekend I pin basted it, machine quilted it, made the binding and sewed the binding on. These pictures were taken early this Monday morning.





I made this little quilted tote bag/purse Thursday night. Its hanging on one of the old doorknobs in the farmhouse.




I hope to do more sewing today and tomorrow while I am still off work.

A couple of quilting smiles for you today:

Quilting forever.... housework whenever!

A clean house is a sign of a broken sewing machine!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Debbie,
I'm smiling because if you came to my house right now you would know that my sewing machine is NOT broken! Have a great day.

Little Penpen said...

Debbie, the quilt is adorable and your machine quilting is beautiful. I think you have mastered that technique!!! The quilted bag is wonderful... LOVE the colors! Looks like you had a very productive weekend. We should find those quotes on a sign... to hang in the sewing room. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How beautiful. I love the tote.
Ineed to get busy sewing.:)
Hugs,
Elizbaeth

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Great projects! Enjoy sewing!
Lisa :o)

Granny said...

Great finish on the Jungle Babies quilt. I love the quilted bag. Do you sell them in your etsy shop? They would make great gifts.

Chris said...

Both projects look great, but I especially like the Jungle Babies quilt. That line is adorable! I made one last summer.in blues and greens. You can see it if you go to my blog and do a search for the word "jungle."

Rhonda said...

I love your quilt and tote - very nice! LOL about the quotes - I will have to remember both of them. :)

Terri said...

I love the quilt! It certainly puts mine to shame. My goal is to sew like you someday. ;-)