Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Christmas Scrappy Trips

2016 Finish # 4

My Christmas Scrappy Trips Quilt:



I made the quilt top last year and finally quilted and bound it.  One more item checked off my 2016 To Do List!


I really loved making this quilt.  I want to make another one with a more planned color design.  I learned after I made it that using the same color in the center of each block makes a the design really pop.  I also want to use similar colors in the same spot on each block.


It was a windy day, but it always is when I'm trying to get a picture of a quilt!


Scrappy Trips Tutorial found at Quiltville HERE

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I love it Debbie! I can definitely see the chain effect going on in the quilt. We truly have had a little wind lately, haven't we?

Jenny said...

Very nice indeed. Love your backing fabric too - great job!

Sheri said...

Congratulations on finishing a UFO! It turned out beautiful and I like the windy photo too!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Great quilt....and I agree it is fun to make. My scrappy trips was about the most fun quilt I have ever made.

Yvonne said...

I love how this turned out! You have definitely inspired me to move this quilt up on my "to make one day" list of quilt patterns. I'm contemplating doing it with the centre row on each being constant. I'm still scared of totally scrappy without something as a constant.