Monday, August 19, 2013

Silly Old Bear - Ethan Jeremiah's Quilt

Last week I made a Quick Strippie quilt for my niece's baby shower.  I waited until the last minute and needed it to be really quick!  I've known she was having a baby boy for a couple of months.... why, oh why, did I wait until the last minute?

Having the power off for 5 hours during my planned sewing time on Saturday, turned a normally peaceful activity into a stressful one.  More about the power outage can be found on my Homemaking Dreams Blog HERE.

Winnie The Pooh fabric from Mama's fabric stash.


I finished the binding early Sunday morning and started on the label before church....


No time for a photo shoot!  The sewing machine motor wasn't even cool as we were going out the door to the shower!


My niece loved the quilt.  Whew!  What a whirlwind weekend!

Quick Strippie pattern can be found HERE.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for the quick quilt idea. My nephew's wife just had a boy and I've been debating what to do....this is it.

Little Penpen said...

Not sure if my first comment went through: I love this quilt and you are amazing. I would have run by WalMart before church. LOL

Auntie M said...

And, I thought that no one else waited until the last day to get projects finished!!!! You are truly a member of the family now.

Betty Lou said...

Talk about pressure, you really came through. Great Winnie Pooh quilt. Baby and move will love it.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Just love that you included some of your mama's fabric in this cute quilt!!!