Wednesday, April 17, 2024

"BEACH BOUND" - Lori's Beach Quilt Number Two

 I finished quilt number 2 for 2024!  This is a second beach themed quilt I have made for my daughter.   The first one was made years ago and is shown on my blog in a post HERE.

For this new quilt, the fabric line is called "Beach Bound".  I added lots of other fabrics to that though.    I love the colors and how it turned out.

I started out with the panel in the center and added borders from there.  There are six borders.  It took me a while to figure out what to do, but I am pleased with it.  I actually started working on this in the fall of 2023.  Once I finally got going on it, it came together pretty quickly.

The finished size is 61 X 83.  I meant it to be used as a couch quilt or throw, but its a good twin size as well. 

Here is a close up of the panel.


 



This picture shows the backing fabric which is filled with sand dollars.


Lori gave me this cup a couple of years ago. :o)  Btw, she loves the beach and also white daisies!




1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Hey Debbie! Look at you go! That’s a sweet panel and I love the happy beachy colors you enlarged it with! I’m itching for the beach myself.