Monday, March 7, 2016

Eli's Scrap Quilt

Here is my second quilt finish for 2016.

I am so in love with this quilt and the little boy for whom it was made! 


The quilt is a log cabin pattern with the blocks arranged in the field and furrow design .  I think this is perfect since it was made for a little boy who absolutely loves to play in the field behind our house.  He would stay out there for hours if he could.


See those little fists full of dirt! 
He is 2 and 1/2 and recently moved into a big boy bed and I thought it was high time his grandma got busy with the scraps!



I thought this blue and white stripe was perfect for the backing, but it wasn't wide enough, so I got creative and added a row of the same size strips and fabric as the front.



I made this quilt entirely from scraps and gifted fabrics.  The only thing I purchased was the batting, which I had in my stash and had bought on sale.



Here are few close ups of some of the fabrics. 







I hope Eli enjoys his quilt as much as he loves playing in the field..... but I doubt it will be as much fun for him!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Very special gift for this special boy in your life.

coleen said...

Beautiful! Love the scrappiness of it!

Little Penpen said...

Scrap quilts are my favorite ones. Eli will treasure his quilt forever! I noticed the NC State prints... ;) Love the pic's of him playing in the field; boys and dirt go together so well!

Janet O. said...

Nice job! And what a cute little guy. : )

Izzy said...

What a beautiful finish! Eli will love it I'm sure! Thank you for linking up at TGIFF.