Friday, February 5, 2016

Finally a Quilt Finish!

Finally, a finish!  This Sunbonnet Sue Quilt is a very vintage pattern.  I know lots of people only make modern quilts these days, and I really like modern quilts myself.  But, this quilt is for my stepdaughter and I really felt like she would like this quilt.   She is having a baby shower soon, so this will be my gift.


Its so hard to get a good picture of quilt this time of year.  There's not enough light when I leave to go to work or when I get home.  And on top of that its been raining a lot around here.  Isn't my hubby cute and helpful to hold this quilt up for me at 6:00 A.M. on a work morning?


I found this backing fabric in my stash.  Someone must have given it to me and I'm not sure where it came from..  The selvedge said it was Kathy Schmitz "All Through the Night".  Sounds like Christmas, but this fabric isn't Christmasy at all.  I love it and it quilted really well!


I like applique quilts that have the quilting only around the applique pieces.  But, the Sunbonnet Sue's are sort of big and I felt like the quilt would hold up better and probably look better if I just quilted everything, so that's what I did.



I'm so glad to start my list of quilt finishes in 2016!


This post is linked to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments:

Miz Karen said...

I love Sun bonnet Sue. One of my favorites. I have made several plus Overall Sam. Next on my list.

Cathy said...

Congrats on the finish. The quilting is perfect. I'm sure the recipient will love it. Hugs

Little Penpen said...

Just beautiful! Are the applique edges turned under or did you use fusible applique? This is a darling quilt!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very pretty! Sunbonnet Sue is a timeless classic and you have done a super job.

Wehago designs said...

I love it, I also make more modern quilts but draw heals of inspiration from traditional and besides it does us good to do a few of each.

Jenny said...

Such a lovely quilt for a baby shower - you have done a great job!