Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Grandma Quilt Finished


Finished!  I thought this day would never come.  The Grandma Quilt is done.  I started this quilt over three years ago and worked on it off and on... mostly off.  But this past week I felt driven to finish it and so I spent every spare minute before and after work and on the weekend quilting those Baptist Fans.


Thank you Grandma for making this quilt top and thank you Mama for taking care of it and passing it on to me.

 
 



The back.





 
 



Now, on to the next hand quilting project! 

9 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful, front and back. Your grandmother would be so proud.

Nancy-Rose said...

Just beautiful! Congratulations on your finish

Rhonda said...

Love it, I like that you finished it this week. After the Moore tornado, much of the recovery efforts are being hosted at the First Baptist Church in Moore.

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on such a lovely finish! Your grandmother would be so pleased with how it turned out. The quilt looks fabulous on the bed... just where it should be!

Little Penpen said...

OMG!!! Debbie you are awesome! The quilt is beautiful and your baptist fans are perfect! I love the fabrics in the quilt. What a treasure... from heart to heart to heart! (your grandma, your mom, and you) I'm sure both of them were smiling down on you when that last stitch was put in the quilt!

Auntie M said...

THIS, TOO, IS PRICELESS!! I AM SO GLAD THAT MS. ALICE SAVED THIS FOR YOU. WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU DID WITH THE HAND QUILTING.

YOU ARE THE BEST.

Anonymous said...

What a precious heirloom! You did a great job! ♥♥♥

Sara said...

All those fans are wonderfully made:)

Shauna said...

Wow - what a lovely finish and I love the heritage of your quilt. Priceless!