Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cheddar Bow Ties "DONE"

I started this quilt in 2011 as a leaders and enders project along with Bonnie at Quiltville. I am so glad to call it "DONE".


I love how it turned out, especially since it was my first attempt at free motion quilting feathers.


I could have kept going and made a larger quilt, but I didn't think I could stand to make any more!  It finishes at about 70 inches square, so its a great throw size quilt.


That makes two recent finishes of old UFOs.  Feels good to finish them.  Its a lot of fun to start new projects, but its more fun to finish old ones

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations on another fabulous finish! Feathers in the outer border, swirls in the inner border... you are getting fancy with the quilting, Miz Debbie!


Anonymous said...

Debbie, your feathered border looks awesome! The curvy border pattern complements the straight lines of the bow tie blocks beautifully. Congrats on another finish :)

stitch quilt knit said...

Love the colours and swirls in the small border :)

Auntie M said...

What a bright quilt for the dull days of winter!!! And, it is beautiful work from start to finish.

Our weather forecast is for 0 deg. tomorrow morning. A quilt will feel so good!!!

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful.... I love anything that is cheddar!!!! Your feather FMQ'ing is beautiful. You are doing some amazing things with your sewing machine these days.

Sara said...

Lovely quilt and the yellow is refreshing!

Jasmine said...

Your feathers look amazing. I have a hard time keeping mine from looking like tongue depressors, even when just drawing them on paper. ;)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

it turned out just lovely...and your feathers look perfect too!! I remember your earlier post where you wanted to try them...maybe I will get so brave???