Saturday, December 14, 2013

Finished All Eight

I had grand ideas of going outside to hang all eight of these mini quilts on the clothesline for a photo shoot. Shoot! Too windy, cold and looks like rain any minute. I tried, but the wind blew them off faster than I could pin them on!



So I had to settle for spreading them all out on the couch in the dim cloudy day light.  But, whatever!  I'm done with Christmas sewing and can't wait to start some non-gift sewing.

Remember this quilt top?  Its the Buckeye Beauty/Jewel Box quilt I worked on in February and March of this year.  Its been pin basted and ready to quilt all this time and I'm going to start machine quilting it before the weekend is over.  This would be a good final finish for the year 2013!


I've already started my quilting "to do" list for 2014.  The projects include a wedding gift, a Hubby throw size quilt, the Road Trip Quilt Along quilt from the Summer of 2012 and a Sunflower/chicken one for me. 

6 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on finishing up all your Christmas sewing/quilting! What an accomplishment...

I'm already thinking about what I want to accomplish next year... glad to know someone else is thinking along the same lines!

Little Penpen said...

YOU are amazing! Love your mini quilts. The college checker boards are adorable. There's gonna be some happy recipients this year. (ps.... we are having a baby girl in April!!)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

great job!!!!

Auntie M said...

You are one amazing 'crafty' woman! The Christmas gifts are wonderful, and I know that each recipient will appreciate your ingenuity and dedicated work.

Have a great week!

Yvonne Campbell said...

Lots of minis. I am with you on non-holiday sewing.

Jasmine said...

What a fun idea to gift mini quilts. You have a fun variety here. Good luck with your final finish, and Merry Christmas!