Monday, February 27, 2012

Jacob's Dream





I decided to name this Jacob's Ladder quilt "Jacob's Dream" as Dee suggested in the comments of my post asking for ideas last week. Thanks for all the suggestions. I liked them all.

I love taking pictures of my finished quilts, so I took a bunch! I don't finish a quilt that often, so when I do, I like to make the most of it!

I enjoyed how the picture of "Razzle Dazzle" turned out taken in front of the cotton field last fall, so I did the same with Jacob's Dream.



With the red barn in the background:



Love the blue skies:



On a chair on the kitchen in the sunshine:



I like how it looks on this $7.00 yard sale chair. At first I had planned to paint it bright yellow and use it in the Zinnia Garden this summer as a whimsical touch. But I like it too much like it is.















On a Bed:





On a bench:



On the old sewing machine:





Thanks for indulging me with all the pictures!

So glad to label this post under "Completed Quilts".

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just absolutely beautiful Debbie. I don't blame you for taking all those pictures. Thanks for sharing them all. Just an absolutely stunning quilt.

My Life In Quilts said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I love all of the pictures! Brava!

Auntie M said...

Wonderful!! Wonderful!!!
Wonderfull!!!!!!

Rhonda said...

thank you for all the pictures~! they are just beautiful. All your quilts are nice but this one is really a show-stopper.

Impera Magna said...

You take the most beautiful photos, Debbie! And your "Jacob's Dream" is one gorgeous quilt!

I think it looks fabulous on the bed...

:)

Susan said...

It turned out so beautiful, Debbie! I like it best in front of the old barn and on the old sewing table. Looks great on the bed too! You did a fantastic job.

Little Penpen said...

Thanks for indulding ME...I love love love this quilt. Your quilts are so pretty and just keep getting prettier. Does Jacob have this one yet?

Gina Loomis said...

Beautuful! I love all the pic's!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

fantastic....I think I should start one using Cliff's shirts????? guess I could start after I finish too many others......I really do want at finish some first, but must admit you make it very tempting to go ahead and start!!!

you should consider entering some of your photos in a contest...they are wonderful!!

daughter 1 said...

That came out really nice!

Candace said...

Lovely quilt and I enjoyed all the photos.

Emily said...

Beautiful quilt indeed!

Eileen said...

Oh my goodness the quilt is wonderful! Your photos are breath taking!

ohiomom said...

I absolutely L.O.V.E this quilt! The outdoor pics are my fav, but they all look great :) Congrats on the finish. It's such a nice feeling to cross another one off the list.

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It looks fantastic! I love all the shots you did with it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt of beautiful images..

Rachel said...

Love the dreamy pictures of Jacob's Dream!

Mary said...

The quilt is gorgeous and so are your pictures.

I am hostessing a Jacob's Ladder block swap in late summer on a forum I am a member of. Unless you object I want to link back to your post.

Thanks for sharing!

Shauna said...

Love your quilt 'Jacob's Dream'! It's beautiful and love all the pictures.

Susana Neiger said...

Absolutely beautiful finish! I love the variety of colors! I love the beautiful simplicity of the layout. Nice work!

Amanda Jean said...

what a gorgeous quilt!!! i loved all the photos of it, too. wanna come photograph my quilts? ;)

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Bejus70 said...

Oh, it's so great! Look at my Jakob' ladder!
http://rongytalanitas.blogspot.hu/2011/12/elkeszult.html

Carol Weber said...

Love it, Debbie! I first saw a Jacob's Ladder quilt in a magazine around 40 years ago. I have yet to make one, but still am intrigued with the pattern as well as the name, and love your version!