Monday, August 1, 2022

Two Simple Baby Quilts

 I have not been quilting very much so far this year!  I just haven't been able to get in the mood to work on them.

But, I finally finished two simple baby quilts for two sisters who were having babies.  One was for a boy born in March and the other is for a girl who is due in September.

Both quilts consist of a top that is one piece of fabric.  Both are Winnie the Pooh themed!

Here is the boy quilt made for Max:






The girl's quilt made for Aliza:



This one consists of pre-cuts from Walmart.  The Winnie the Pooh fabric comes in a one yard pre-cut and the backing is made from 4 coordinating fat quarters.  The fat quarters picked up the red, gray and yellow colors in the top.  With some careful cutting and sewing I was able to make the binding from one fat quarter.  It was so close to not being enough though!


Confession:  I had a small area of pleating on the back of this one.   I noticed it, but really don't think a non-quilter would.  But, I was able to strategically place the quilt label over that area!

I feel that when Fall and Winter weather arrive, I will be back to my normal quilting self. 


1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Oh Debbie! These are both adorable. I especially love the red binding. The boy one looks like patchwork—perfect for a quick quilt. I can’t see the crease at all, so you shouldn’t have told on yourself. Lol