Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday Sewing

Here it is February 1st already! I'm not a fast quilter, but I did manage to sew the final two borders on this quilt top today.

It measures 72 X 82.  I plan to quilt and bind it in February.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIP Wednesday - The Road Trip Quilt Along Blocks

Like so many other quilters, I am trying to finish some UFOs this year, before starting any new projects.  These blocks were made during the summer of 2012, as I followed along on the Road Trip Quilt Along that was hosted by the Sewing By Moonlight Blog.  

There are 16 blocks that needed to be sewn together into a quilt top.  I never did get the North Carolina block made that I planned.  Its still on my quilting bucket list though! I found fabric in my stash that would work for the sashing and corner stones.... because another quilting goal for 2015 is to use the fabric I have on hand.  I have been so blessed by the gift of fabric from my sister, sister-in-law and the mother of a coworker/friend at work.

I started working on it Saturday, January 3rd, and I've made quite a bit of progress this week. 

It works for me to try to work on projects for 15 minutes each morning before work.  This time around I am also trying to do 15 minutes after work.  I can usually do this while supper is cooking or while waiting for hubby to get home.

I spent some time on New Year's Day organizing my sewing room and moving some things around.  I moved the sewing machine to another window and I like it much better there.  Before I looked out on the road in front of my house and now I can look out over the fields.  This time of year there are no crops out there, so I can see for quite a long distance.

This post is linked to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sometimes you just have to unplug....

Sometimes you just have to unplug for a while.  I haven't been doing any blog posts, visiting Facebook or maintaining my Etsy Shop for a while.

But, I am slowly becoming more motivated to "plug back in".  With the new year of 2015 looming on the horizon, I feel the need to do some new things.  I like new beginnings and making new goals.

I haven't done any quilting lately, either, but I have been in the sewing room the last few days and am really regaining my motivation to create!

These projects aren't exactly quilts, but they do contain some quilt batting, so do they qualify as projects to show on a quilting blog?  I hope so!

I am making key fobs for Christmas gifts, but this one is for sale in my Etsy Shop.

Kate Spain Fabric (thanks Auntie M!)

These are Christmas stockings for my five grandsons.  I made the two on the right end recently for the two newest little guys.

They are hung by age.  The oldest is 7, the next one is almost 2, the next one is 18 months, the next one is 5 months and the last one is 4 months.

I hope to be posting more regularly now, so I hope you'll keep reading!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Papa Jack Quilt

I finished the Papa Jack Quilt for my hubby, just in time for cooler weather.  Its twin size and is perfect for him to use as a throw while in his recliner.

Isn't he cute?!!

He loves it because the colors are masculine and I like it because the colors are fall like.

This quilt was made with fat quarters cut into nine inch squares.  Its a very easy quilt to make and its also easy to choose colors when using fat quarters. 

Monday, September 22, 2014

Early morning quilting.....

After one of the busiest summers ever, I'm finally trying to get back into the sewing room.  Here's a quilt I've been machine quilting.  My plan is to quilt at for least 30 minutes a day on it.   Since I'm a morning person, this means quilting before going to work.

After all, its Fall!  Time for some cozy fall activities like quilting.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Little Summer Quilting

Here are two more quilts that I am working on this summer.

This one is a throw size quilt for my hubby.  He chose the fabrics last fall.  I love them because they are in fall colors and also similar to Civil War fabrics.

All of the blocks were cut from fat quarters.  This quilt top is waiting to be pin basted and then quilted.

This one is another Christmas quilt which I am making in the Scrappy Trips Around the World pattern found HERE on the Quiltville website.

These blocks are a lot of fun to make.  I like them because some of the work can be done while watching tv.   The part I am talking about involves taking out stitches!

Then when you lay the blocks out, they form a design.

Stacks of strips ready to be sewn into blocks.

I'm doing a good job on using up some of my Christmas fabrics, but there are lots more in that bin!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Finish it up Friday.... Christmas Sewing

I don't know what got into me, but the recent Fourth of July holiday at my house was spent sewing for Christmas.

I will be making lots of new Christmas stockings for new members of the family this year.  Got one done!

The beige fabric is corduroy.

I finished the binding on this Christmas quilt just a few minutes ago and ran outside on this dreary early morning to get a few pictures on the clothesline.

Reaching the final corner when free motion machine quilting is always a cause for a small celebration!

The Crepe Myrtles are blooming! 

Have a great weekend!  I've got more Christmas sewing on the agenda, as well as pin basting my hubby's throw size quilt.