Its WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
I've been working on my red and white double nine patch Irish Chain Quilt Top. After not working on this quilt for months, I made quite a bit of progress on it over the weekend and before and after work. I started out with 7 blocks and ended up with 31. I'll need 72, so I have many blocks left to make!
When I first started laying out the blocks, I played with the idea of using this pattern, which would alternate the blocks with plain white blocks. It makes an interesting pattern and would take half as many of the double nine patch blocks. But, after seeing the above pattern, I decided to stick with it and make enough blocks to cover the entire bed.
I haven't worked on any of my other projects, but here is a list of my quilts in progress:
1. Red and White Double Nine Patch: Piecing the top
2. Bluberri Breezes: Ready to baste and machine quilt
3. The Grandma Quilt: In the hand quilting frame to be finished
4. Jacob's Ladder Quilt Along: Picked out some fabrics and ready to make a trial block.
5. Crumb Quilt: Haven't decided if this will become a project. Just playing around with the idea. No commitment!