Monday, September 26, 2011

In My Sewing Room - Monday

I love my sewing machine. So, I decided it was high time I got out the instruction book to see how to maintain it.

The only thing listed under maintenance is to clean out the bobbin case. No oil. So I dutifully followed the instructions and this is what I found:



That lint has a red tint. Would probably have something to do with the fact I have been sewing a red and white quilt for weeks!



I'm sure this machine will run much more smoothly from now on. And now that I know how to take care of it, I can clean out the bobbin case regularly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there done that! It will definitely run smoother now!

Jocelyn said...

Isn't that the scariest sight?? I know to check when my machine starts making a different sound when I am sewing. Such an easy task to help our machines run smoothly.

Little Penpen said...

Somebody's really been sewing to have that much stuff to clean out already!!! Thanks for the tip... I will try to do this soon. :o)