Thursday, September 29, 2011

In My Sewing Room - Thursday

This is my sewing chair. We bought it at a "junque" store. Rescued it would be a better description. This particular store has a tiny building with a big shelter and there is more furniture outside than in. This chair was not even under the shelter. It was sitting outside in the weather.

Its perfect for my sewing chair. I put the rug underneath it because I was scratching the wood floors.



I like the red toile fabric seat. I think someone covered the seat with the fabric and then painted the wood black with a distressed look.

5 comments:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Debbie,
What a great find. I just love to look around and see what I can not live with out!!

Blessings,
Kathy

Impera Magna said...

The perfect sewing chair! I love it... esp the fabric on the seat!

Lowe's home improvement emporium (or other home improvement and hardware stores) have really thick felt chair leg pads that you can stick on the bottom of the legs to prevent scratching. Not that your rug isn't cool or anything... just another option...

:)

Little Penpen said...

I like your red and black chair. I've seen one on amazon that is covered in 'sewing theme' fabric and opens up to have storage underneath the seat. It's around $200... I keep hoping to find one like it in the thrift store!!!

Lori said...

Your sewing room looks so clean! I love the chair. We also have the same sewing machine! I love my Brother

Rhonda said...

I like it, I'm glad you were able to give it a home!