Monday, September 5, 2011

A Little Scrappy Diversion

I've worked on the red and white double nine patch Irish Chain quilt during every spare moment this whole weekend and needed a little diversion. You can see some of the red and white to the left of these blocks.

I used the tutorial for Crumb Quilts found HERE on Quiltville.com. I just pulled out a handful or two of all kinds and shapes of scraps and went to sewing. When each square was big enough, I laid a 6 1/2 inch see through plastic square on top and trimmed around it with my rotary cutter. Before I knew it I had 4 done. I'm not sure how I will use them yet, but they make a great leader/ender project.

My first love in quilting is scrap quilting, so I love these! Looks like another WIP for the list.





3 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I love your scrappy blocks! What a great project to use up scraps... did you just sew them together or did you use a foundation of some kind?

Little Penpen said...

I love those blocks Debbie! I have started a drawer of 'strips', as I saw a beautiful string quilt recently and would love to try to make one! Your blocks remind me of it!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Your crazy blocks are really nice...sometimes it pays to be a little crazy,eh....lol.....now you know I'm kidding..right??? lol. they turned out very nice...so did the red and white quilt....