Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spring Quilt Festival 2013 - Post One

Its time for the Spring Quilt Festival for 2013 at Amy's Creative Side. Go HERE to read about the festival.  Just click on the different category links to see all kinds of wonderful quilts.

This year the festival is divided into categories and each post will need to be entered into a particular category.  I'd like to enter my "Just Another Day in Paradise" quilt in the photography category.  I'm certainly no professional photographer, but I do enjoy "trying" to get a few good shots...

The name of this quilt is "JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE".


The quilt was made using a Disappearing Nine Patch pattern as part of a DP9 Patch quilt along that I participated in earlier this year.


When I photograph a quilt in front of this field behind my house, you never know what will be in the field.  This time, it was freshly plowed and prepared for planting.


Here are more pictures taken in other spots:



The back of the quilt.
 



Be sure to visit the quilt festival HERE to see all kinds of wonderful quilts!

10 comments:

sonia said...

Love the quilt and the photos! Congrats!

Auntie M said...

I loved this quilt when I saw it at your little farm house and it is just as lovely here. Are these quilts judged by someone official?

Debbie said...

Beautiful expression in your photos of the quilt in the field. Looks like paradise even.

Jeannette Bruce said...

Love! Hope yours wins the category as I love the photo!

Karen said...

Great colours and fabrics in your quilt. This is such a versatile pattern. Your quilt looks wonderful.

CitricSugar said...

Great quilt - lovely photos!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Such a beautiful happy quilt! I love the way you have stars in the sky in some of your photos.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful quilt and great photos.

Jenniffier said...

Beautiful quilt and very lovely photos. Thanks for sharing

straythreads said...

beautiful photos and quilt