Monday, March 26, 2012

Playing With Squares

I'm cutting 5 1/2 inch squares from the shirts my Stepson wanted to get rid of and playing with them on this bed which serves as my design surface.



This is by far the simplest quilt pattern I've made, but I still need to make sure I've scattered the colors about evenly.



I need to cut some more of the muslin squares and the setting triangles and borders, but I will be sewing the patches together in a couple of days.



I'm linking this post to Design Wall Monday at Judy's Patchwork Times. and to WIP Wednesday at Lee's Fresly Pieced Blog.

9 comments:

Impera Magna said...

That's going to be a handsome quilt... love those shirt fabrics... and I'm going to have to try that quilt pattern one day!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Simple and graphic, I like it. I think you need a design wall girl!;)

Little Penpen said...

It's going to be pretty! Love the colors!

Teresa F. said...

Your quilt is going to look fantastic. Lovely idea.

Vivian said...

I like this quilt. It's going to look great.

Molly said...

I like this, sometimes simple patterns are perfect and for this fabric I think it is just that... perfect!

LisaG said...

Thats looking lovely, who'd have thought some shirts could look so good??

Quilter Kathy said...

Very striking and masculine...a great quilt!

Denise said...

I think your 'shirt' quilt is looking terrific. I love the way the colors play together. Happy sewing!