Friday, March 2, 2012

Gentlemen's Quarters Remake



I'm thinking of making the graduation quilt I talked about in my previous post using the Gentlemen's Quarter's quilt pattern above.

I made this quilt for my son several years ago using a McCall's Quilting pattern that I found on line. I've had requests for the pattern many times and referred them all to the site. But, the pattern isn't available any more.

I never printed out the instructions and all I have to go on is this picture and my memory of the process. Well, duh... I could go over to my son's house and just do some measuring! Its a very simple pattern, so I've decided to figure it out as I go and possibly make a tutorial to put on this blog.

I'll need to do some planning to put together the colors I will need to go with these shirt fabrics.....



The planning of a quilt is one of the most fun parts.

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I love the planning part of quilting... probably the most exciting part for me!

That's a great pattern and the repurposed shirts will be showcased this way!

Anonymous said...

please let me know when you get the instructions. so excited to make this quilt for a very ill friend. thanks, janet

janetclary@yahoo.com