Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday - What if?.. and a Finish

I make my first mug rugs this past weekend....





Then I had an idea....

What if....

I bought some inexpensive mugs and then matched them with fabric I already have on hand to make a cute gift.

Here are some possible combinations.

The sunflower mug is mine.



These pastel mugs will be for my three coworkers. I took a poll today to see what their favorite colors are and made a lunch hour trip to Dollar General, which yielded these sweet spring cups.

Green "Hope"





Pink "Joy"



Blue "Believe"



In addition to making mug rugs, I finished the SIDNEY quilt which has been delivered to the Mom to be:





This post is linked to SIMPLY PIECED WIP WEDNESDAY HERE.

11 comments:

Granny said...

That's a great idea, matching mugs to the mug rug.

Becky said...

cute idea with the mug rugs! I like the purple one peeking out from the bottom! The sidney quilt is so pretty too!

Samelia's Mum said...

Lovely idea for your mug rugs and I love love love your quilt. So bright and cheery.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hey...the mug idea is great! I love the way they look against the fabric...and your quilt looks soooo nice the quilting and the colours are beautiful

Scrappy quilter said...

How cool is that..love it.

Impera_Magna said...

Mug rugs make great gifts and if you pair them with a coordinating mug... you've got a special gift. Love the mugs and fabrics you've selected!

Dee said...

The Sydney quilt is so pretty and I've seen the mugs match the rugs and I love what you've picked out!

Debbie said...

Darling mug rugs! I need to try making those!

Rhonda said...

LOVE your mug-rug gift idea! I'm going to have to try something like that for some gifts I have to give. Thank you so much for sharing that idea!

Lee said...

Great idea to match the mugs to the rug! : ) Sydney's quilt is lovely too. Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week!

Sônia Regina said...

Debbie Good afternoon, all right honey? Look here I am admiring the perfection of his work, this quilt is a sweetness sidney, congratulations for the beautiful work. Thursday I go to Brazil Patchworck 5, then I'll tell you the news, when you can come see my puppies. Kisses