Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Papa Jack Quilt Number Two

This post is linked to Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts., Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and From Bolt To Beauty.

I made my hubby, AKA The Papa Jack, a new scrappy, masculine quilt!  The reason I am calling it the Papa Jack Quilt Number Two, is because it is the second one I've made him with that name.  You can see the first one made in 2014, HERE

This project was on my goals list for 2021.  Also sticking to my goals, I did not buy anything in the making of this quilt.  The fabrics were all in my stash.  I bought the batting with a Joann's gift card that I received for Christmas.


If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might notice a pattern here.  This is the third quilt in a row that I have made with this block.   I used a little more creativity with this one with the border.   I enjoy making them so much, I might just keep going!

Stats:

20 blocks

Each block is 13 inches finished.

The inner border is 1/1/2 inches wide finished.

The outer border is made of 5 1/2 inch (finished) by various lengths.

The finished size of the quilt is 66 inches wide and 79 inches long.

4 comments:

Danice G said...

That is a really nice quilt, and is masculine-looking. Wonderful that you ,ade it all with scraps.

Little Penpen said...

Debbie, this Papa Jack is beautiful! We were driving when I saw your post on Facebook and I gasped and Billy yelled “what is it?” I flashed him the photo and told him you made it for your hubby. His reply was why don’t I make him a quilt? Lol I love everything about this quilt; the colors are wonderful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Papa Jack is FABULOUS!!! Love that center fabric and all those amazing plaids!!!

KatieQ said...

Great quilt! I really like the check fabric you used for the middle strip of the blocks. It goes with the masculine feel of the other fabrics, but gives the quilt a bright and happy vibe.