Saturday, February 27, 2021

Autumn Dreams Quilt

This post is linked to: From Bolt to Beauty,   Alycia Quilts, and Confessions of a Quilt Addict.

and Quilting is more fun than housework.

In early January I made a list of quilting goals and making a Fall quilt was on that list.  AND I actually completed it!

Here is "AUTUMN DREAMS":

Also on my list of goals was to just use what I have on hand in my quilt making this year.  I already had each fabric in this quilt.  It is made of lots of scraps, fat quarters, etc.  There are a few fabrics that appear only once or twice in the whole quilt.


I pieced the backing.  This leaf fabric was perfect, but I didn't quite have enough.  The problem was solved by sewing strips on both ends.

It was a windy day, but no rain!!!!


Here is a close up of the backing.

Stats:

30 blocks 

Block size: 13 inches wide. (finished)

Inner border: 2 inches wide. (finished)

Outer pieced border 5 1/2 inches wide made by sewing various lengths together (finished)

Finished quilt size:  80 inches wide; 94 inches long

This Fall I plan to put this quilt on a bed and put decorative fall pillows on it.  I'm thinking of making my own pillow cases to match.

* * * * * * * *

So this is the fourth quilt in a row I have made using this pattern.  I am sure I will get tired of it soon..... but I may continue on.  The next one will be a Christmas Quilt!  


8 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Debbie!!! You are amazing! I love each string quilt more and more, and I love them all! These autumn colors are just gorgeous! You are a quilting machine these days!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it - a list of goals, a completion and a gorgeous quilt! it doesn't get any better than that!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE it!!! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

gayle said...

That's gorgeous! I love the rich autumn colors!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Strings. . .I love them! Your orange/Autumn string quilt is wonderful. I like your plan!

Vivian said...

Lovely, warm Fall quilt! Definitely do the pillowcases, it'll look real good with the quilt on the bed!

Jenny said...

Such a beautiful Autumn quilt, glowing with colour!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

This is a wonderful quilt and kudos for you having all the fabric in house. I never tire of string quilts so I can only imagine how many more might be in your furture!