Sunday, October 25, 2020

The Teenager's Quilt Progress

Quilty Post Number 2 for today!

This quilt is coming right along!  I've enjoyed making it and even though I have named it "The Teenager's Quilt", my hubby likes it so much, He may be getting one too.   ..... And also the Teenager's younger brother who is 7.

These pictures were taken yesterday and earlier today.  I have now finished pin basting it and have set up my machine quilting area for quilting.  This means that I filled some bobbins and placed the machine that already has the free motion quilting foot on it, onto the table where I sew and plugged everything in.  I also set up a card table to my left and a TV tray to my right.  The card table holds the weight of the quilt as I machine quilt, and the TV tray holds scissors, the container for the pins that I remove as I quilt, bobbins, and what ever else gets thrown on there.  I also dusted the area behind and to the left of my machine and cleaned some of the lint from inside my machine.  I vacuumed the floor so that if the quilt drags on the floor, it will stay clean.   Now I am all ready for quilting before and after work this week. 

I would love to finish quilting it by the weekend, but we will see!  Next weekend I could be sewing on the binding, if all goes well.


 Have a great week!

This post is linked to Monday Making HERE.

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I love it!! Happy Quilting!!

Bonnie said...

It's a great quilt. And, boy you are organized -- all ready to quilt even if it is only one row a night. Hoping you can finish by the weekend.