Sunday, October 25, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - Doll Quilt

Happy Slow Stitching Sunday!

Here is a doll quilt I am making as a Christmas Gift for my 4 year old granddaughter.  I think this quilt, a doll size pillow and a doll would make a sweet gift.  

I've been hankering for a hand project to work on at night while watching TV with my hubby.  I could quilt this on my machine in just a few minutes, but I think that hand quilting stitches will give it an old fashioned quilt feel. 

 Taped down in preparation of pin basting.

Pinned.

Testing the marking pin.


Passed the test!

The pattern came from the book, "The Civil War Sewing Circle", by Kathleen Tracy.

*****************

Any ideas for a series to watch while quilting, that doesn't have too much violence, nudity or bad language?

We are currently watching "Hart of Dixie" on Netflix.  Its one we didn't watch when it was being originally shown.  Its pretty good, but a little silly at times, and not too violent, etc.  I already looked ahead on the internet to see what is going to happen.  Yay, Zoe and Wade end up together in the end!  Being a native southern girl, to me, the actor who played Wade, did a good job.

 I would recommend "Call the Midwife", if you don't mind seeing a baby born on every episode.  Loved that one.

We "tried" to watch "Outlander".  I could NOT hang in there with it.  The story was really good, but so hard to watch all the violence and nudity.  We gave up on it after a few episodes.  The older I get, the less I can take in the way of violence.  But, that's just me!  LOL 

This post is linked to: Slow Sunday Stitching -  Kathy's Quilts and to Monday Making - Love Laugh Quilt Blog.


 

4 comments:

Kim said...

Your granddaughter is going to squeal with delight when she sees the lovely doll quilt you are stitching for her; it is so pretty. Enjoy your hand quilting.

Chantal said...

Great job on the little quilt. I love it. I love "Poldark", or "Mercy Street" as they are historical enactment with touching stories of lovely people. There's also "Victoria" about the queen Victoria. It was very nice with very good actors and side stories with the court people and the extended families. Anything made by Masterpiece is not violent. All these suggestions here are the genre of Downton Abbey. Hope you find something you like. Enjoy the hand stitching. ;^)

Deanna W said...

I love making small quilts. As for shows to watch or listen to...Offspring and Emily in Paris. I did like watching Call of the midwife. I am in Canada so not sure if your netflix is the same or not.

Karen said...

Your doll quilt will make a very sweet gift for a little girl. My daughter and grand-daughters all were never much into playing with dolls. I certainly was though.