Sunday, November 22, 2020

THE FINISHED TEENAGER'S QUILT AND SOME FALL QUILT PICTURES!

I finished this quilt a few weeks ago, but its hard to get outdoor pictures of quilts this time of year.  I have to wait until the weekend and you never know what the weather is going to be like.  Yesterday was the perfect day to go outside!  There was hardly any wind and warm temperatures.

So I spent some time doing something I enjoy .....taking pictures of quilts.

First of all here is the finished Teenager's Quilt:






My final thoughts on this quilt:  I really did not like it when I first started making the blocks.  After the first 2 or 3 blocks, I completely stopped because I just didn't love it.  Eventually, I decided to continue on and now I DO love it!  I'm planning to make more in different colors.

I posted the directions for this quilt in my previous post which can be found HERE.  

The size of the finished quilt is  66 X 82.

************* FALL QUILT PHOTO SHOOT************

While I was outside in the beautiful weather, I decided to try taking some fall theme pictures with quilts.  I realized that I don't have that many fall colored quilts and in 2021, I plan to remedy that situation! 







 
The "J" pumpkin!
 

Later today I am starting my second quilt using this pattern for "the teenager's" younger brother.   

I hope you have a quilty week!

This post in linked to:  Oh Scrap - Quilting is more fun that housework HERE.  and Love Laugh Quilt Monday Making HERE.


5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a beautiful day for a photo shoot!! Thanks for sharing. I think the teen quilt is AWESOME!! Aren't you glad you went back to it?

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The teenager quilt is so striking. I'm glad you went ahead and finished it. Isn't it amazing how something you weren't excited about you get excited about once you see it all together? Those are such happy "accidents!"

Wendy F said...

The teenager quilt is a terrific finish! Thanks for sharing beautiful outdoor photos!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love a good string quilt. And this one is lovely. I really like the colors you used.

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Little Penpen said...

The teenager quilt is wonderful!! I have a basket full of strings, but there are no coordinating colors. Mine will be truly wild if I ever make one. His quilt is perfect, so grown up and masculine. He will love it! Your photo shoot is great, love your little J pumpkin. Since I’ve been following Living With Quilts on Facebook, I’ve seen a lot of things I want to make, too. Some of those fall quilts are amazing! Can’t wait to see your next project! Happy Thanksgiving!