Sunday, June 2, 2013

Quilter's Journal - Today I am ...

This post is linked to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

..... Working on the cheddar bow ties quilt.  This is a leaders and enders project, but has almost moved up to a main project.


I am feeling.... excited because I won 8 coordinating fat quarters and 3 patterns from Prairie Moon Quilts as a result of entering the 2013 Spring Quilt Festival and Amy's Creative Side.  You can see all the winners HERE.



I have been to church and one quick stop at the grocery store for bananas.  I had a banana sandwich and tortilla chips for lunch.  Its that time of year when Hubby is working, so he went to work directly after church.


I am wearing tan pants, a pink and brown camp style shirt over a pink tank with crochet edge neckline, brown slip on sandals, and simple hoop earrings.

OOPS!

Will be cutting into these fabrics for more blocks.



Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Congrats! on winning the fat quarters! I need to go over and look at all the pretty quilts. Your cheddar bow ties are pretty; anything with yellow and scraps is yummy! :)

Auntie M said...

Whew!!! You are busy even today. I have been curious about the cheddar bow ties you have been
referring to. Now, I see!!! Good job.

Congrats on the win. It is always good to win 'stuff' which helps our projects.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Congratulations, Debbie! This quilt is going to be wonderful - I love the pattern and scraps! x Teje

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

wow!! love this quilt. It has so many interesting fabrics and really like the bow tie pattern. Your top looks pretty big already (maybe it's an illusion of the picture). How big will it be when finished?

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Sara said...

I did a bow tie mini once and it was fun! I am liking yours with the yellow background very much:):):)