Saturday, June 16, 2012

Midnight Sky Table Runner

I got the inspiration for this table runner from a Thimbleberries quilt book that I got from the library. The quilt is called Midnight Sky and the instructions in the book are for a bed size quilt. For this runner I only used three of the blocks, arranged in a rectangle.



Its a very easy block to make. All you do is make a small Friendship Star block like the one in THIS TUTORIAL. Then you add 2 inch wide strips as in a log cabin block.

Easy as can be, as you can see from this close up of the blocks. After making the three blocks, just add borders, quilt and bind. The runner could be made longer, shorter, and/or wider according to the size table it will be used on.



I made a couple of new napkins in matching colors. I'll make some more this week.



The front and back:



5 comments:

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Debbie, Thanks for taking time to post the table runner instructions. I love the one you did. Hoping to do one but I am slow!! You do beautiful work! Nancy

Betty Lou said...

Makes a nice tablerunner, i admire you free motion quilting. I'm still in the practice stage, but need more practice.

Little Penpen said...

Very pretty Debbie! Love the colors you chose. Did u make it to the hollering contest yesterday??

Auntie M said...

I, too, want to know if you or Hubby did any hollerin' yesterday!!

The table runner is perfect, and I love those napkins from Hubby's red plaid shirt. You are the best.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

it really turned out great....love the stars and the colors too!!