Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Its WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

Here's the only thing I have been working on! Quilting the Jacob's Ladder Quilt has been very enjoyable. Even though the same quilting pattern is being used all over the quilt each block takes on a different look after being quilted.

LOVE IT!!!!!

Its big, but the quilting batting I used is thin and its not hard to handle at all.



I've been trying to come up with the name I will give this quilt. We recently sang the song "We are climbing Jacob's Ladder" at church, so I was paying extra attention to the lyrics looking for ideas to name this quilt. Yes, even in church I am thinking about quilting.... sorry Lord....

This quilt is for my much loved son, Jacob. One idea I have for the name is "Soldiers of the Cross". I'm planning on re-reading the story of Jacob's ladder in the Bible for further inspiration. So, not sure what the name will be yet. Any ideas?

Here's the Bible story:

Jacob left Beersheba, and went toward Haran. He came to the place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it! And behold, the Lord stood above it [or "beside him"] and said, "I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your descendants; and your descendants shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and by you and your descendants shall all the families of the earth bless themselves. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done that of which I have spoken to you." Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the Lord is in this place; and I did not know it." And he was afraid, and said, "This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven."

Wow, lots of inspiration for the name in there!



Hope your Wednesday is a good one.

10 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Before I even read your "Soldiers of the Cross' it popped into my mind, too. After reading the story, I thought "I will never leave you" would be a great theme for the quilt name, too. Can't wait to hear what you decide upon...the quilting is looking great!!!

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful quilt with a great deal of meaning.

Auntie M said...

I agree with Pen Pen. Maybe even, "Jacob, I will never leave you."

Mary said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I love the idea of the dream too...you know since he'll dream when he uses it?? I do love "Jacob, I will never leave you" too. Good luck with the name!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

"Jacob, a soldier of the cross"
or
For Jacob "A Soldier of the Cross"


He is a fortunate young man,,,great quilt!!

Dee said...

Beautiful quilt...don't think He minds us contemplating His wondrous gifts while at worship...not good at names, though...lol

Dee said...

Hey, have you ever heard Michael Card's "Jacob's Dream"?

Just thought that might be a good name.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the Jacob's Ladder pattern. Beautiful quilt!

Denise said...

Looks beautiful!

Deanna said...

I am pretty sure that God doesn't mind mixing quilting and religion. After all, he makes beauty out of the scraps of our lives if we allow him to.