Sunday, October 24, 2021

October Sewing and Quilting

I saw a pillow pattern on Quilting Digest.Com that I loved.  The one shown with the pattern is made with Fall colored flannel fabrics.  Since the last several quilts that I've made were using the same pattern, it seemed like a quick project that I would enjoy making.  Mine's not nearly as pretty, but I used the Fall flannel scraps that I had on hand.

 

See that cute little owl head?



Here is a link to the pattern., found on Quilting Digest.Com.  I felt like the pattern was way more complicated than it needed to be, so I came up with my own way of doing it.

In other sewing and quilting news, here is my most recent quilt, in progress.  Its ready for machine quilting which I'll start hopefully today. 


This one is made with all blue winter and Christmas fabrics.  I keep thinking about the song, "Blue Christmas".  Or someone who has the "Winter Blues". ...... A possible name?....Nah, I don't think so!

Maybe I'll be able to post the finished quilt soon.  I still haven't purchased any fabrics this entire year, but I did use the last quilt batting that I had on hand in this quilt.

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Time to go shopping!!! Lol your blue quilt is really cute. And your little pillow turned out great!! It’s always a treat to find a blog post from you.