Saturday, January 2, 2021

A Small 2021 Finish and 2021 Quilty Plans

Good morning and happy 2nd day of January, 2021!

Being home all day on a rainy first day of January, 2021, I was able to complete a small project from start to finish!  I am calling it a Christmas Tree Rug.  The place we normally place our tree is a small corner right by a doorway that we pass through constantly that leads to and from the kitchen and living room.  Our artificial tree is not a very big tree and fits that spot perfectly.

However, a traditional "tree skirt" is too big for the space and I feel like someone might slip and fall on it when walking by.  So my solution is a "tree rug".  Its a small rectangular shape and I am simply going to sit the tree on top of it.  A couple of presents under the tree will hide the part of the tree that sits on it.  

The fabric is a panel called "Northwoods Noel".  This has been in my Christmas fabrics tote for a long time.  In fact, including this one there are four!  Someone gave them to me.  The backing fabric is some I already had as well.



I taped down the backing fabric on top of my sewing room table, then added the batting and top, then pin basted the whole thing.


Also, this small quilt can be used for other things if I decide to do that.  It can be a wall hanging or a table topper.

*************

Quilty Plans for 2021: 

1. I want to use what I have on hand!!!!  I hope to only buy what is completely necessary.  This means piecing backs of quilts and making lots of scrappy quilts, which is what I love anyway.

The panel used in the Northwoods Noel Christmas Tree Rug above is my first project of the year using what I have!   I even pieced the quilt batting from leftover scraps of batting.


 

I received Joann's Gift Cards for Christmas, So I will be using them for new quilt battings and what ever I really need.

2.  I want to make my hubby a quilt from plaids, solids and other masculine fabrics like the one I made for the teenager HERE.  He loved that quilt and commented about it often when I was working on it.

3.  I want to make more quilts for our grandkids.  If I do them in order, the 2 year old and her 6 year old brother are next.   I will see how far I get with those.  If I am able to finish those, I will continue with the next ones in line.  They all have quilts that I made them, but they need new ones..... at least that's what I think!  LOL

4.  I want to make some more Fall and Christmas quilts.  I have lots of fabric for those.

5.  I want to finish the doll quilt  HERE.  I didn't finish this in time for Christmas.  :o( 

6.  I started a leaders and enders quilt about a year ago.  I don't think I shared that on this blog, but I want to continue working on it and hopefully finish it.  It would make a great quilt for donation or a grandchild.

7.  I want to make quilts for donation!  I have always wanted to do this, but I end up making quilts for family members and the donation quilts don't get done.

 These plans include a lot of quilts, but I am dreaming big! 

 

This post is linked to Finish it or not Friday.  HERE

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

And you can do it!! Since I’ve started following Living With Quilts on FB, my goal is to have a Christmas quilt by next Christmas. I love your tree rug. It’s looks perfect under your tree. My current thing is to finish April’s quilt, then I hope to move on to something for myself. I’m not in the “donating” mood. Lol

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great idea to make a tree rug! And it fits just perfectly! I like your 2021 plans!!