Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIP Wednesday - The Road Trip Quilt Along Blocks

Like so many other quilters, I am trying to finish some UFOs this year, before starting any new projects.  These blocks were made during the summer of 2012, as I followed along on the Road Trip Quilt Along that was hosted by the Sewing By Moonlight Blog.  


There are 16 blocks that needed to be sewn together into a quilt top.  I never did get the North Carolina block made that I planned.  Its still on my quilting bucket list though! I found fabric in my stash that would work for the sashing and corner stones.... because another quilting goal for 2015 is to use the fabric I have on hand.  I have been so blessed by the gift of fabric from my sister, sister-in-law and the mother of a coworker/friend at work.

I started working on it Saturday, January 3rd, and I've made quite a bit of progress this week. 


It works for me to try to work on projects for 15 minutes each morning before work.  This time around I am also trying to do 15 minutes after work.  I can usually do this while supper is cooking or while waiting for hubby to get home.

I spent some time on New Year's Day organizing my sewing room and moving some things around.  I moved the sewing machine to another window and I like it much better there.  Before I looked out on the road in front of my house and now I can look out over the fields.  This time of year there are no crops out there, so I can see for quite a long distance.

This post is linked to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I really like all of your colors going on here..

Little Penpen said...

Loving those colors, Debbie!! This is going to be sooo pretty!

Auntie M said...

Another outstanding post! I will be interested in the NC block when you do it.

All the colors are very good.

Chris said...

I love it. It is going to be beautiful.

Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) said...

Love all your blocks!! The colors are great, and the layout is wonderful!!! Can't wait to see it all finished :-)

~ Jess ~
Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

I am drooling over those beautiful blocks and your wonderful colour choices....it is just magnificent. So looking forward to seeing it finished!