Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Gift of Barn Quilts

My hubby and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday and what better gift for a quilter than a barn quilt?  Thanks Honey!

We have two outside buildings, a small one and a large one. This one will go on the smaller building, which is a light beige color.  I looked up this pattern and as best I can tell its a "Union Square" variation.


This one will go on the larger building, which is barn red.   The lady who sells them called it a "Stacked Star", but I didn't see it in my Quilt Block Book.


I will post pictures as soon as they are installed on the barns.

4 comments:

Betty Lou said...

What a great anniversary present. I have a 90 year old friend that received a barn quilt for her birthday, something that all can enjoy for many years.

Little Penpen said...

Awesome, Debbie! they are both beautiful!!

Auntie M said...

I absolutely love the barn quilts! It would appear that you accomplished quite a lot on your anniversary week trip.

Impera Magna said...

Oh man... those are gorgeous! What a great anniversary present... something you can enjoy for a long, long time!