Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Results

Here are my results from last night's Friday Night Sew In.

I started working on the baby boy's stacked coins quilt for my cousin, who already has twin girls and is now expecting a boy. Just one boy this time! The girls are about 2 1/2 years old and I thought she would appreciate having a handmade boy's gift.

I have lots of blue fabric, so I pulled out the ones I thought went together the best, with the blue checked animal print as the theme. I have a large piece of that fabric that I will use for the backing as well. I really love the little sheep!

I also really love blue with browns, beiges and tans.



Two rows of the five needed. These are really quick to sew, so I hope to finish it this week.





I also made 3 more of the Jacob's ladder blocks. I now have completed 51 blocks. I will need 90, so I'm doing good.



To see the results of other ladies' Friday Night Sew In, go to Crafty Vegas Mom's blog HERE.

7 comments:

Little Penpen said...

The colors for the little boy quilt are so pretty. Do you store your fabric by colors? I'm going to try to get into a little fabric organization soon.

Impera Magna said...

You were busy last night, Miss Debbie! Got a lot done... congratulations!

happeningswithLana said...

WTG! I love the blues and browns together.

tink's mom said...

Here from FNSI. Love the sheep. This will be a very lucky little boy.

Auntie M said...

You are absolutely amazing! With
all of your other concerns, it is
unbelievable that you can find the time to cut and sew for quilts.

The blues, browns and white (or is it cream?) go so well together.

Teresa F. said...

Great color choice for the baby boy quilt. I love it. nice Jacob's ladders,too.

~JoAnn~ said...

Debbie~ Could you plese go into a little detail as to how you made the rows. I am very new to quitling and have NO idea what the heck I am doing. these rows look not so intimidating as some quitled patterns I have seen. Love the colors and I too love blue, tan and beige and browns together.
Blessings,Joann