Sunday, June 21, 2020

The Rainbow Double Irish Chain Quilt

I'm definitely a slow quilter! I'm not sure when I started this quilt, but its been at least 2 1/2 to 3 years. 

Here's the finished Rainbow Double Irish Chain Quilt and my first finish for 2020.  Wow, its almost July!






So what's next?

I've been doing some repairs on a couple of really old quilts for a relative and I'll be showing more about them in a future post.

But if you know me, you know I love scrappy quilts, or quilts made from clothes.  This is one of the quilts I am doing some work on and it has inspired me to make a similar quilt for my almost 13 year old grandson.  I envision the quilt with lots of plaids, stripes and light weight denim.

I think it would be an easy quilt to make, which always a bonus for the slow quilters like me!



 Happy Quilting!

This post is linked to:  Oh Scrap! at "Quilting is more fun than housework.

3 comments:

Chantal said...

You caught a magnificent rainbow with your Irish Chains. I'm in love. Congrats on the wonderful finish. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your rainbow Irish Chain is gorgeous - definitely worth the time it took you to finish it! I'm slow like that, too - but every little bit counts is my motto!

Little Penpen said...

I was thinking about your rainbow quilt the other day. I think I want to try one in a crib size. Yours is beautiful!!!!! I like the older quilt, too. Can’t wait to see more of what you are up to!