Sunday, April 7, 2019

Scrappy Rainbow Double Irish Chain Quilt Progress

I got started on this quilt about a year ago as part of Scrap Happy Saturday on the So Scrappy Blog HERE.   Each month there is a different color of scraps to focus on.  The color for April is Aqua.  So if you have lots of scraps, this might be a good way for you to use them.

These blocks are just laid out on the bed so that I can check the progress.  I always love how a pattern comes to life once you lay the blocks out together.



I would love to quilt some kind of special design in each of the white areas, maybe like THIS or THIS


Here are some of the different colored blocks.









Sometimes I have worked on the quilt as a leaders and enders project.  Other times it has been the main project.  I only need to make six more blocks in lavender.  I have already sewn some of the blocks together in rows, so it won't be too long before it will be a completed quilt top.

I'm playing around with ideas for quilts for three of my grandchildren.  They are 2 brothers and their sister, who lost their quilts in the house fire.  I'm planning to do similar, but in different colors, twin size quilts for them.

A good part of the enjoyment in quilting is in the planning!

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a great quilt. Love how you used all those scraps-they came together beautifully.

Little Penpen said...

I remember some of these blocks. This is just gorgeous!!! You have some great scraps to pull all the colors together. I agree that the white blocks need their own special quilting design. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for those precious grandbabies.