Sunday, January 8, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Today is a perfect day for slow Sunday stitching.  I've been working on two new coasters for my hubby and me.  This afternoon I have been doing the hand stitching of the binding on the back just like I would on a quilt.

Here is my coaster before the binding was added.

The back.

The Hubby's Coaster. (He likes red barns and cows and such)

The back of his.

The hand stitching of the binding.

In progress.

Now I can sit my diet coke on my coaster.


This post is linked to Kathy's Quilts where she is hosting SLOW SUNDAY STITCHING.

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a nice little project. Just the right size to finish quickly and get that sense of accomplishment. What a bonus!

Denise said...

Good to see that you are back in your sewing room!

Little Penpen said...

Cute coasters!! I really like your fancy coke glass! I made myself four placemats out of a thrifted shower curtain yesterday. I want to do a little more 'home' sewing this year.

Auntie M said...

You are always busy. Thank you for showing us this neat use of a Sunday afternoon.
I know why your Hubby likes barns, cows and such!