Saturday, March 5, 2016

"Simple Simon" and "Focal Point" Blocks

Here are this week's Splendid Sampler blocks.

"Focal Point"


Simple Simon:


All six blocks on the mini clothes line.


I am not going to buy any fabric for this project.  I love going through my scraps and pulling out bits and pieces that become a cute 6 1/2 inch block.  I'm sticking with bright colors, mostly.  That one wine colored heart is a little dark, but its ok! 

I'm really working on my accuracy and making these small blocks with so many pieces is helping me in that.  The last one on the far right has 36 pieces.  I did lose some points, but other than that it came together pretty well.

In future posts, I plan to share some tips that I have learned along the way that have helped me avoid some wonkiness!

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Seeing them on your little clothesline today makes me realize how tiny they are! Lots of pieces!! They are all so cute; I just realized your clothesline is pink ric rac. LOVE!