Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Little Summer Quilting

Here are two more quilts that I am working on this summer.

This one is a throw size quilt for my hubby.  He chose the fabrics last fall.  I love them because they are in fall colors and also similar to Civil War fabrics.


All of the blocks were cut from fat quarters.  This quilt top is waiting to be pin basted and then quilted.


This one is another Christmas quilt which I am making in the Scrappy Trips Around the World pattern found HERE on the Quiltville website.


These blocks are a lot of fun to make.  I like them because some of the work can be done while watching tv.   The part I am talking about involves taking out stitches!

Then when you lay the blocks out, they form a design.


Stacks of strips ready to be sewn into blocks.


I'm doing a good job on using up some of my Christmas fabrics, but there are lots more in that bin!

5 comments:

Angela said...

OH my those fall colors are so pretty! I get to looking forward to fall this time of year although it has been a mild summer this year here in GA. I am making a yo-yo garland with some of my Christmas fabric. Angela

Impera Magna said...

Your DH did a great job selecting fabrics for his quilt! It looks great...

A Scrappy Trip Around the World is on my "must make" list... love you Christmas fabrics version!

Rita said...

The squares for your quilts are so perfect. It must take a lot of time to make them that way. Both quilts look great! Rita

Little Penpen said...

Yes, that looks like a man quilt! Pretty colors for your hubby. I can't wait to see your newest Christmas quilt come to life. It looks so pretty.

Auntie M said...

I keep telling you that you are amazing!! You get this stuff done after a day of legal work.

Both quilts will be wonderful.
One for Fall and one for Christmas. Hubby has good taste, and are a CraftsLady. How is that for a new word????