Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some Sewing Table Organization Ideas and a Sneak Peek

I got the idea for using this wire picnic cutlery carrier for sewing table organization from  Freda.  These wire baskets are perfect for holding scissors, rotary cutters, markers, pens, rulers, calculators and more.  I am enjoying having a place to put these things.  It doesn't turn over and I can lay my hands on my scissors quickly for once!



I also bought two of these for holding small gardening tools in our outdoor storage building.  Another perfect use for them.  Now is the time of year to buy these summer items.  I bought mine at Dollar General and they were on sale. 




Its also a good time to find other pretty and unusual storage containers in the back to school sales of dorm supplies.  I found this gray and pink fabric bin, also at Dollar General.  It works well on my sewing table to hold fabrics that I am currently working with, instructions, magnetic pin holders and thread.


Here's a sneak peek of another baby quilt I started last night using the leftovers from "Eli's Coming"


Hmmm, seems just yesterday I posted 3 projects that needed finishing.... how'd a new project happen?

5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Great storage Debbie..and they look nice too. love your blocks

Impera Magna said...

Dollar General, huh? I foresee a trip there soon... hope I can find those pink/gray tray/box/things... cool!

I like your cutting caddy! And using a couple for gardening tools is a great idea too!

Auntie M said...

It happened because you always have your eyes open to possibilities.

And, I need a trip to Dollar General, it seems!!!!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Hey...just catching up...good, useful finds...pretty table runner and love your purse too!! good to start now and really enjoy making those Christmas presents.

Denise said...

I just pulled out some fabric and was contemplating starting another project.......I still have many unfinished ones waiting!