This pattern is based on Crazy Mom Quilt's "Long Division" pattern. I made another quilt with this pattern that you can see in my header. Its a wonderful pattern for showcasing lots of fabrics and was perfect for this Play Quilt. I envision it being used for a tent, a floor play quilt, I Spy Quilt, and more.
This is what it looks like when I am machine sewing the back of the binding. Lots of pinning. It took me about an hour to finish it and it will be more sturdy than hand sewing it.
Most of the fabric in the quilt I already had on hand, but I picked up several 1/4 yard cuts of various little boy type fabric to sweeten it a little bit. The blocks are 6 1/2 inches wide, so the 9 inch cuts were just the right size to leave 2 1/2 inch strips for the binding. I didn't plan it this way, but it was a great way to use up more of the fabric and avoid so many left over Super Hero scraps!
I pieced the back from larger pieces of some of the same fabric used on the front. I love using up some of the fabric in my stash this way.
My favorite fabric in this quilt is the vintage airplane ones.
If you stuck with this post this long... I know there were lots of pictures of the same thing..., I'll let you in on a little secret. We are going to a gender reveal party this afternoon for my Stepdaughter and her husband, who are expecting a new baby in January! Now, I will know what kind of baby quilt to make next.... I'll let you know what the results of the cake cutting are, pink or blue!