Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pin Basting Gentlemen's Quarters

Here's what I've been doing during a few minutes here and there this week. I should be able to start machine quilting Gentlemen's Quarters by the weekend.



A system of safety pins at the center point in the middle and two ends of the backing, matched up to toothpicks taped to the corresponding center points on the cutting board help me to make sure everything is centered. I sure would hate to end up with the backing or batting turned just crooked enough to be a disaster!


2 comments:

Auntie M said...

You are so very organized. As I have said previously, Justin will love it. Does he know what you are doing?

Little Penpen said...

I've seen something about taping down toothpicks on the countertop/table to keep things straight before. Now I can't remember what I saw...LOL.