Friday, February 18, 2011

Ready for my Weekend Sewing!

My fabric is ready for the East Carolina University pillow case I will be working on tonight during Friday Night Sew In. Go Pirates! (as long as they aren't playing NC State!)



Picnic in the Park is ready to pin baste. The backing was pieced with scraps. When you have lemons, make lemonade, right? These long strips were just right for sewing together to make the backing and helps me to use what I have on hand and not buy anything.

The quilt top and backing folded neatly awaiting pin basting:



The backing in progress:



The Grandma quilt in the quilting frame has been used for storage of fabric for a couple of months now. I plan to change that this weekend and get back to the handquilting of the Baptist fans!

3 comments:

Denise said...

My brother that lives in Ayden would love the East Carolina fabric!

Little Penpen said...

Love that ECU fabric! I can't wait to see your new picnic quilt all done...and I love that you pieced your backing together... it makes it even more interesting!

Granny said...

The Picnic in the Park quilt is going to be so pretty. Love that you pieced the back. That's my idea of a scrappy quilt.