Saturday, March 9, 2024

When they say thank you for the quilt!

     I  have made peace with the fact that not everybody appreciates or even really like quilts.  I know we have all put a lot of love and work into a quilt to be gifted and never really got a "'thank you", and often wondered if the quilt was ever used.  In fact I have given quilts that I'm pretty sure are still folded up on a shelf in a closet.  AND THAT'S OK!  Many people don't realize how much goes into making a quilt.  And a gift should be given with no strings attached and that's what I do.

     But......... I really love when my quilts are well loved!  It makes my heart so happy!

     Recently, my daughter sent me the following message:

Lori:  Mama the rainbow quilt 🌈you made me for my 40th birthday.  I love it.  I was looking at it tonight and its so pretty.  I know I already told you that, but just wanted you to EXTRA KNOW IT.  😍The colors are so pretty.

Me:  Thank you honey.  That makes me feel good. ❤

     I love the part where she said , "just want you to EXTRA KNOW IT."

     The quilt she was referring to was the Rainbow Double Irish Chain Quilt that I posted HERE and HERE .......  almost 4 years ago.

     Now, that my friend makes it worth all the work!


1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

I remember that gorgeous quilt. And yes, it feels nice when you know they really love it. ❤️