Sunday, August 11, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - Binding!

Today I am slow stitching the binding on the back of the "Kindergarten Art Quilt".  I am so excited to be so close to finishing it!  Can you believe these colors?  Its not my normal kind of quilt, but I love it!  It will be so bright and cheerful for a 6 year old.... the 6 year old who designed it with a blue ribbon winning art project!  



This was a simple pattern.   Not sure if it should be classified as a "Rail Fence" or a "Basket Weave".  I'll be posting pictures of the finished quilt in a few days.  


I should have been finished with it weeks ago, but just couldn't get motivated to work on it.  But later today it'll be done.  The quilting motivation bug has bitten me pretty hard.  I've already made progress on the next grandchild's quilt!  And dreaming of all the projects I want to work on.  Its been a while since I laid awake at night with quilting on my mind, but like I said the quilting bug has bitten me.

I'm linking this post to Kathy's Quilts "Slow Stitching Sunday."



5 comments:

Rita said...

Debbie
Thank you for showing us your quilts. They encourage me to get moving on a lap quilt myself.

Jenny said...

I always enjoy hand stitching the quilt binding down too. Marvelous to read that the quilt you are finishing was designed by a youngster who also picked the colours!

Robin said...

Love the honey colored fabric for the binding. It is perfect.

Little Penpen said...

I need for the quilting bug to bite me again. I have a pile of fabric sitting by the machine, just waiting. Hubby told me yesterday that maybe it would bite again when it gets a little cooler. I love the little quilt you are working on!

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad the quilt bug bit you again! Hope you enjoyed your binding :)