Sunday, March 18, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - Little John Deere Girl

This post is linked to "Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts" HERE.

I haven't done any hand quilting in a very long time!  This is one of the baby quilts I am working on for Victoria, my granddaughter who is expected to make her appearance around the Fourth of July.


Its a "whole cloth" quilt, which sounds better than saying its made from "cheater" fabric.  The reason I decided to hand quilt it is that there are already little dotted quilting lines printed on the fabric.  If  I had machine quilted this quilt, I could have probably finished it in a weekend.  But I am hand quilting it anyway and putting some grandma love into each stitch!


I couldn't resist the little tractors and flowers.  Victoria will be living on a farm out in the country with a John Deere tractor in the barn.

It'll be easy to quilt.  I'll just make long continuous straight lines from one side to the other.  I even found some quilting thread to match the color of the lines.



I intend to make a couple of more quilts for Victoria that have pieced tops, but I bet this one will be the favorite.  


In case anyone is interested, this quilting frame is one I've had for many years.  The brand is "The Ulmer Quilter".  We bought this one at a quilt shop in the North Carolina mountains, but they are still available and can be ordered at this website.  http://www.ulmerquilter.com/

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your Granddaughter is going to love it!

Miaismine said...

I love your quilt - and panel quilts! They look so beautiful with hand quilting! I'm sure your grandbaby will have more hugs than she can count and more quilts to keep her snuggly warm!

Little Penpen said...

What a sweet little quilt and pink and green just screams "baby girl"... I love it! If I have seen your quilting frame before, I have forgotten. I'm glad you put the link at the bottom, because my eyes were studying every aspect of it from the photo's. That is an amazing frame and looks so easy to use! Warm wishes for sweet little Victoria!

Cathy said...

Love the quilt. I was so impressed with your quilt frame that I ordered one. Took 4 weeks but I love it. Hugs